Wednesday, July 5, 2017

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry

Author: Gabrielle Zevin
Stars: 5
Review by: Saraswati

This is another one of those suggested books for me that I didn't think I would like but I decided to take a chance. I started reading and still didn't know if I would like it, but I couldn't put it down. I didn't love it, but I couldn't stop reading it. It's a novel about a very small town bookstore owner and all his trials and tribulations. The blurbs stated that this is a book that reminds us of why we read books. I strongly recommend it because I want to know what others think about it. I think it may have too much - heartbreak, love, surprises, mystery, tragedies, more heartbreak, more love and a lot of life. It made me laugh and cry. I still discuss this book with others and think about it a lot, but I still don't know why I couldn't put it down. Let me know what you think.

No comments: