Saturday, June 11, 2016

Beach House Happy

Author: Antonia van der Meer
Stars: 2
Review by: Mandy Apgar

I like architecture. But this was a bit too much in the vein of uppity yuppies showing off their summer homes. Liked it when it was down to the basics - styles of the homes, how they were built, and so forth. But if a person can afford a huge beach house I really don't give two figs about their problems with their architect. Or how original it is to use items from nature as decoration - statements like that were made quite often and it was starting to come across as the homeowners had the impression that going out and getting dirty was slumming. Oh well. At least I've learned that if I read anything by this author again and she calls the design "quirky" it translates in my own personal taste to "the walls look like a drunken Jackson Pollack attacked them with a chainsaw-style ugly."

No comments: