Saturday, July 25, 2015

Zoo

Author: James Patterson & Michael Ledwidge
Stars: 3
Review by: farmette

I always like to read books used to make movies and TV shows...saw the first episode of Zoo on TV and had to read the book. . disappointed in the book..one of the few books where I have less interest the more I read.  Many books catch me, and I have to read more as I 'get into' the book...not so here. Zoo is essentially the story of animals communicating, in some fashion with each other, and attacking humans in an attempt to take over the world. ..sort of planet of the animals, not just apes.. we have massive HAC...human animal conflict.  I actually think the TV show is better...my interest in Zoo has increased as the episodes go on.. by the time, the book got to the point where the cure for the animal take over was to eliminate cell phone use, and electricity I began to get off the boat.. even more so when the politicians began to use cell phones and electricity, bring the animals back into conflict and moving the world HQ to Greenland.???  The TV show actually has more nuance...additional characters and a shift from NYC to LA has actually helped the story.. continues my disappointment as authors franchise themselves.. LOVE Patterson's Alex Cross.. disappointed big time here..

No comments: