Saturday, July 11, 2015

Wuthering Heights

Author: Emily Bronte
Stars: 4
Review by: Julia W.

Before reading the book, I had high expectations, most of which were fulfilled. The book started off quite oddly, but once the backstory of Wuthering Heights's inhabitants, the beginning clicked into place and the book's pace picked up. I enjoyed the journey the book took you on, flashing between real time and the past. I especially enjoyed the closure provided the end of the book with a flash forward six months later. Overall, I really enjoyed the book and would recommend it to anyone interested in reading an American classic. The only thing that I didn't like about Wuthering Heights was that it was difficult at times to keep straight all the relationships between characters, as in who was whose child vs. nephew vs. great niece, because of all the inbreeding between the three families (Earnshaws, Lintons and Heathcliffs).

No comments: