Friday, July 17, 2015

Love Me to Death

Author: Allison Brennan
Stars: 4.5
Review by: farmette

I ran out of Brockmann books...library wants this book back so I read it. Allison was one of the authors on my to do list. I came across one of her Lucy Kincaid books and decided to go back to book one.  Lucy is part of my serious crush on female good guys...she does not compare with Sam from Marie force, or Dallas from JD Robb or DD Warren...author escapes me right now.. but she is very interesting and I enjoyed the read very much.  Lucy was captured and raped 6 years ago and it was  broadcast on the internet.. since then she has prepared herself academically, and with work experience, to become an FBI agent.  In this book she helps capture a retired FBI agent that had become a vigilante killing rapists that had completed their prison terms, and in the process is captured...again...by one of those rapists. While doing this she falls in love with Sean and enjoys wonderful sex for the first time.. her family and Sean's are many in number and all involved as FBI types, or a private security firm, with Sean and Lucy's brothers...they end up rescuing Lucy before she was raped, and the book ends as Lucy gets invited to an interview as a FBI agent.. Allison's web site does a wonderful job of outlining her Lucy character and all the friends and family for her and Sean...I actually printed it out and used it to keep track of the people in the book.. just the good guys..

No comments: