Saturday, July 18, 2015

In the Unlikely Event

Author: Judy Blume
Stars: 5
Review by: bookmaven

It takes place in Elizabeth, NJ. in the early 1950's. A young girl Mira Ammerman experienced the nightmare of the 3 planes that crashed close to her school & home. The book tells about her family. friends, & strangers whose lives were forever impacted by these tragic crashes. Mira is only fifteen & has nightmares also. It is a must read. I couldn't put the book down. It reminded me of my young life in the 50's minus the plane crashes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is on my list of books to read, glad to see you gave it a good rating,makes me excited to get to this one...when I get it off my request list. My ten book list is always full and I am always waiting for something to read. My daughter lives in Princeton and every time I tell her about a book I want to read, she checks it out and reads it while I wait for months. We must have more readers here, or not enough copies of the books I want to read. Thanks for your review.