Saturday, July 25, 2015

Developing Grading & Reporting Systems for Student Learning

Author: Thomas R. Guskey & Jane M. Bailey
Stars: 5
Review by: Saraswati

This book is a must for Teachers who care.  I always thought grading, grades, report cards, etc. had a lot of issues.  Why is it that there are usually less then 10 points that determine an A - yet 69 points to get an F. The general system of grading is geared towards failure 70 points to fail and only 30 points to pass. I always wondered how a single Valedictorian can be determined, at the 5th decimal point, if all the grades are A, B, C... It didn't make sense. This book will explain why and a whole lot more. It made me rethink how I grade and what I can do to make the grades mean more than just an end product. A serious read for teachers that care.
 

No comments: