Friday, June 19, 2015

The Cursed

Author: Heather Graham
Stars: 4
Review by:
farmette
This book is not part of my author read program. I always have 2 books in reading status. I keep one in my car for waiting room and lunch time reading. I am reluctant to keep a library book in my car, so I use the books I buy at my used book store, or the best remainder section in the area at Olly's Army. I have read Heather before, but I forgot her connection to the paranormal. The group she follows is the Kast of Krewes, an FBI group that uses paranormal skills to solve murders.  Basically they are people that can see and talk to ghosts or their preferred name is 'spirits'. The chief character in this book is Hannah, who owns a B&B in Key West, FL. We have serious bad guys, buried treasure, a bunch of murders, a sexy love story, and a win for the good guys.  Hannah is one of the rare people that can see and talk to spirits. She meets a sexy law enforcement type, that lived in Key West as a kid and also can talk to spirits. There isn't a lot about the Kast in this book. They enter the picture, and after observing Hannah and her lover's spirit-talking skills, they solve the crime and invite them to join the Kast of Krewes. I suspect more of them in later books. I am not in love with the paranormal, but I enjoyed the read. The best part was the treatment of a woman as the lead character. I will probably not go back to her first book to catch up.

No comments: