Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Patriot Games

Author: Tom Clancy
Stars: 5+
Review by:
farmette
Wow....fantastic book...must  be at least 2 Tom Clancys..no idea how the same guy could write this book as well as Red Storm Rising. Red Storm was a techno/war novel. This is about PEOPLE..!!! Loved it...I wanted to read Clancy because I was interested in Jack Ryan...most of the novels I like have a hero I like. I have moved into reading authors from their first books to learn how their, and my, hero developed...Red Storm did not mention Jack and this was ALL about him and his family. Clancy's writing is rich: when he is on a lengthy description of a fighter plane I am turned off soon, but when he goes into depth on how Jack is bothered when he witnesses his first killing of terrorists, I am hooked. Or when he goes into depth on what a woman might feel like with a baby growing inside her..no idea how Tom can write that!  I would love to know the readership of these 2 books..my sense would be 2 very different audiences. This is one of the best books I have read...bring on more Tom Clancy.

No comments: