Friday, August 15, 2014

The Dog Cancer Survival Guide

Author: Dr. Demian Dressler, DVM
Stars: 5
Review by: Bobjam

My dog has cancer. Many dogs are becoming afflicted with this disease. Treatment is very expensive so those owners with pet insurance have an advantage. I want to fight to save my dog from a rare form of cancer, neuro-endocrine, so rare only 5% of dogs get this type.I know this is not your typical light summer read, but if it can help any other dog lovers then I feel I accomplished a way to help a beloved pet and comfort a distraught dog owner. The book is very clearly written. Many chapters are stand alone so you  can easily find those that help you the most. Although I do wish the index was more extensive. Also be aware that Dr. Dressler has a vested interest in some of the products he promotes, such as Apocaps and K-9 Immunity tablets. However I must say I have been supplying both to my pet and found improvement. Please consider educating yourself with a book like this one on this topic should you receive such a diagnosis for your dog. Try not to give up, take a deep
breath and find a way to keep your dog still enjoying life while fighting cancer. It is a difficult situation, but I continue fighting for my dog today although I received the devastating news last March. I look at it this way, whatever we learn fighting human cancer can be applied to our pets, so whatever we learn fighting pet cancer will eventually help people! That is my positive spin as I cherish each day with my precious dog, Shelby.
 

No comments: