Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Recovering Charles

Author: Jason F. Wright
Stars: 1
Review by: Woman on the Go


I just picked up a new book that was reserved for me at the library . As suspected I couldn't put the book down. I finished it in two sittings. My favorite author - Jason F. Wright. 

Unfortunately this book left me upset and having bad dreams. Not like the other books he wrote that I loved reading. This was very graphic.  The book was fiction but the subject was very much still in the news. Most of the story took place in New Orleans just after Hurricane Katrina. Very sad story, unlike the previous books of his I have read. I was mentally shaken. I could not recommend this book, unless you like this kind of sadness. I found the ending very disappointing. I only as a rule read Romantic love stories. Had I known ahead of time what the content was I would have not read it. It only gets 1 star from me and that is because it was a very well written account of the sad event.   I am still waiting for several of his other books to show up any day as I have them reserved. Oh well, On to the next book!

1 comment:

Saraswati said...

At first I wanted to read something by this author but now I know not to read this. There is enough sadness in our lives to have to read about too? Thank you for your post.