Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Love Song of Jonny Valentine

Author: Teddy Wayne
Stars: 3
Review by: Happygirl

What I liked about this book: Teddy Wayne really got into the mind of an 11-year-old who has to exist in an adult world. The character talks like a kid when describing his life as a video game, but then sounds like an adult when he describes his job. He wants friends so bad he lets cool people take advantage of him and dreams of living with his bodyguard.

I always wondered why Justin Beiber had a serious girlfriend. Now I wonder if it is a real relationship or just created for his image. It showed me how manipulated these tween idols' images are.

The length of the book was just right. It starts at the beginning of a tour and runs to the end.

The only negative thing I can say about the book is that it didn't leave me wanting more. It would be real easy to write a book that follows this kid as he grows up, but I don't really care.

No comments: