Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Light Between Oceans

Author: M.L. Stedman
Stars: 5
Review by: Car-Lay

I loved this book!   A lighthouse keeper  and his wife live on an isolated island off the coast of  Australia in the early 1900s.   After several years and suffering 3 miscarriages, a  boat washes ashore on their island with a dead man and a infant.  After much soul searching, they decide to claim the baby as their own.    This is a heartbreaking story about a lighthouse keeper and his wife who make a tragic decision that shatters many lives, including their own.
 

1 comment:

Barbie said...

I just finished this book and loved it. It is so beautifully written and touching. There is so much love between the lines. I was crying at the end. The best I've read in a while, the type of book I am always looking for.