Thursday, June 27, 2013

Heist Society

Author: Ally Carter
Stars: 3
Review by: YA Fan

I was looking for a Young Adult novel to download from the eHCL site, and I came upon Heist Society by Ally Carter. Now, I am definitely NOT a Young Adult, but I chose this book because its topic is not the typical boy meets/leaves/comes back to girl, and it is also not one of the vampire books that are now being rapidly produced. It is about a family of professional thieves, focusing on the teenage daughter who wants to leave the life of crime.  She enrolls herself in boarding school to escape her family, but a family friend orchestrates an incident which results in her expulsion because she is needed to help save her father from the menacing Arturo Taccone (equivalent of a mob boss).  This is the first in a series of novels, and is going to be made into a movie starring Drew Barrymore.  I plan to continue with this series throughout the summer as it is an easy, quick read.

No comments: