Friday, July 13, 2012

50 Popular Beliefs That People Think Are True

Author: Guy P. Harrison
Stars: 5
Review by: Saraswati

WOW-NOT A BOOK for the strong believing and not willing to change mind.  I picked this up thinking it was a "Ripley's" type book BUT NO!   I was slapped in the face with reality. I almost felt it in reality.  I tried to read this from cover to cover but was too bruised so I went at it as a "myth of the day" type thing.  I may agree with the author's quote,"We all believe in silly things.  What matters is how silly and how many."  I kind of agree with.  His "hatred: of those that still believe in the face of fact is even worst.  He almost despises those that believe no matter what even though they hurt themselves and others.   I agree to be aggravated or upset but I don't want to slap them around.   I finally read this book a little at a time.  I understood the falsehoods and the author's frustration but I still believe in the wonder of the world and what it will bring to us.   A tough book but an eye opener.  I recommend it just to make you think!

No comments: