Saturday, June 16, 2012

Kiss the Dead: An Anita Blake Vampre Hunter Novel

Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Stars: 2
Review by: Saraswati

This is the latest installment in the Anita Blake series.  I really didn't like her last book, Hit List, and didn't know what to expect this time.  Anita is up against a vampire rebellion which puts those she loves in danger.  There is more police work in this novel than in the past. She also does more soul searching and questioning of her morals.  Much lighter than past novels.  To me, it just felt like something was missing or hastily put together.  I get a feeling (or I'm hoping) that these are the growing pains books and the real great story is just around the corner.  NOTE:  There is an advert on the end to get a mini-e read spin off of the series, but when I read the majority of the "Don't waste your $" reviews I didn't go for it.

No comments: