Thursday, August 11, 2011

Before I Go To Sleep

Author: S.J. Watson
Stars: 5
Review by: Miss Lucy
Destination: England


The main character, Christine, wakes every morning with no memory of the last 20 years of her life.  Think of the Drew Barrymore movie 50 First Dates projected 20 years into the future.  But this book is not as happy and fluffy as the movie.  There is a good deal of mystery involved as the reader reconstructs Christine's life at the same time and pace that she does herself.

For 3/4 of the book, I thought I had it all figured out, but boy, was I wrong!  This is an awesome debut by S.J. Watson, and I hope he writes more books of this quality in the future.

1 comment:

Ceska said...

This story is definitely different. You will learn about these characters and when you think you know what will happen next its nothing you expected.