Monday, July 18, 2011

Water for Elephants

Author: Sara Gruen
Stars: 5
Review by: Saraswati
Destination: USA


This book was recommended to me by my Cousin the Librarian.  She told me I would really enjoy it.  It isn't my usual type of read and I soon found out it was an "in" book due to the movie.  I took the book and it sat.  I started it and put down and it sat.  It became due and I started to really read it.  I couldn't put it down.  The book just took you back to a different time in our country as seen through an elderly man.  You really felt like you were seeing the world through his eyes.  After working in healthcare for a long time I knew of the indignities that come with old age and the book made me truly feel for the main character.  The circus tidbits were fascinating.  As the jacket blurb stated that the characters continue to live on after the last page has been turn.  Highly recommended read if you have not read it yet.

No comments: