Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sh*t My Dad Says

Author: Justin Halpern
Stars: 5
Review by: Bookworm237
Destination: CA



ABSOLUTELY HYSTERICAL!!! I read this book in a few hours because I could not put it down. The author puts together a book about quotes and stories from his life involving his father. Justin (the author) moves back in with his parents at age 28 after being dumped by his girlfriend, and starts posting quotes his father says on Twitter. His friends, who have always thought his father was funny and quirky, encourage this idea and soon he has over a million followers. This leads to a book deal, and Justin writes this book based on the stuff his dad says. Each "chapter" is a hilarious story from his life with his dad and in between are quotes from his father on various subjects, starting from when he was around 4 and leading all the way to present day. I could not stop laughing out loud on every single page of this book. I annoyed anyone who was in the room with me while I was reading this. I was texting people quotes, reading them out loud to anyone who would listen, and have passed it off to several family members now. For anyone who wants a quick, easy read, and loves to laugh hysterically this book is for you!

No comments: