Thursday, September 9, 2010

True Unity: Willing Communication Between Horse & Rider

Author: Tom Dorrance
Stars: 3

Review by: RjS

I was disappointed by this book. The best part to read are the first three chapters. The rest of the book are testimonials written by Tom's students. But the concept of unity and harmony was a struggle for the author to really define. He got close and I think the best parts of the book made the reader aware of a horse's need for self preservation and once you understood this, you could put it to real good use. The idea of a controlling the horse's feet and feeling the horse's feet was also a lightning bolt for me and the idea that you sit on the horse's hind end, or you can feel the horse's hind end, as opposed to riding and feeling the front was also a powerful idea. So, there were bits and pieces that I liked and I guess I wish the book was more than some treasured bits and pieces.

No comments: