Thursday, September 9, 2010

Saddled

Author: Susan Richards
Stars: 4

Review by: RjS

 I read Susan Richard's first book, Chosen by a Horse, and enjoyed it. I liked this book and the main reason that I liked it, is because the story is really about the transforming power that horses have on a person's life. Susan was an alcoholic, who made a lot of excuses for her addiction. It was only when she purchased Georgia, a beautiful Morgan horse mare, that she became serious on tackling and overcoming her addiction, becoming victorious in her life. The book takes a lot of twists and turns, however, the horse is the center and the star of the story. The sour parts of the book for me, are the parts that really get into the concept of AA and psychology. It was only in these parts that the book became something that I really did not want to read. I just wanted to read about horses.

No comments: