Saturday, July 3, 2010

"F" Is for Fugitive
"G" Is for Gumshoe
"H" Is for Homicide
"I" Is for Innocent

Author: Sue Grafton
Stars: 3
Review by: patco81

When this alphabet mystery series first appeared, I read quickly from A-E and then stopped. Now, decades later, after acquiring the rest of the titles, I have rediscovered my initial enjoyment and am determined to make this the summer I will complete these (and hopefully other unfinished works languishing on my bookshelves).

As for reviews, I am giving all a solid "3" unless any proves to be otherwise. The author has created a believable heroine, private investigator Kinsey Millhone, and has mastered the art of plotting a satisfying 300-page mystery with clever twists, minimum violence, subtle romantic situations, and a refreshing lack of gore or lazy reliance on four-letter words.

Onward to "U" is for Undertow!

No comments: