Thursday, August 20, 2009

Resilience

Author: Elizabeth Edwards
Stars: 5
Review by: TooManyBooksTooLittleTime

I never thought I would read this book, just happened to pick it up and could not put it down once I started reading it. Looked at the clock it was 1:00 am! This book is about inspiration, how Elizabeth Edwards's father inspired her, how her beloved son Wade's death inspired her, and how she fights her second bout with cancer. It is not about "that other woman" who went after her husband. The book is full of poems, lines from songs, and a church sermon that explains the character in the movie, Groundhog Day. All of which helps her get through the day, knowing she has a shorter lease on life.

Elizabeth Edwards is my hero. I liked her before the book, I admire her even more now.

No comments: