Monday, August 11, 2008

The Three Incestuous Sisters

Author: Audrey Niffenegger
Bugs: 2
Review by: Miss Lucy

I just happened upon this book on the library shelves. It looked like a graphic novel by Audrey Niffenegger. Being that I loved her book, The Time Traveler s Wife, my expectations were high. On the basis of Niffenegger's illustrations alone, The Three Incestuous Sisters would have received 5 bugs from me. But the story fell kind of flat. It was almost there. I think a little more clarification or more detail to the story might have helped. As for the graphic novel aspect, Niffenegger insists that it is not a graphic novel - it is a "visual novel." I'm not sure what the difference is, but apparently the library agrees, as this book can be found in the regular adult fiction section.

No comments: