Friday, July 25, 2008

Eat, Pray, Love

Author: Elizabeth Gilbert
Bugs: 5
Review by: Miss Lucy

My reading group chose this book and I went into it expecting not to like it. But the further I got into it, the more the bug rating kept increasing. Gilbert starts her quest in Italy, which I enjoyed reading about. I was not looking forward to hearing about her travels to India and Indonesia though, as I thought they'd be dry compared to Italy. Although they were very different from Italy's section, they were just as, if not more, compelling. I am so glad I read this book, and I commend Gilbert on her willingness to share such intimate details of finding her true, contented self.

I alternated reading and listening to this book. Both formats were wonderful. Liz Gilbert does the actual reading in the audio version, and she does a fantastic job! It was also nice to hear her real voice.

No comments: